Re: Configuration the UI

Hi Sharon

On ons, 2010-01-06 at 12:21 +0200, David Ronen wrote:
I wonder, if it possible to change the look and feel for the
gcalctool, for instance the font size,remove the menu and the window
size?

The look and feel is, in general, not very editable. gcalctool is meant
to have a relatively simple user interface. There are other calculators
which are more adjustable, which might suit you better. A few are
mentioned on http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool However, if you have really
good reasons for why these things are necessary, we might implement them
at some point.

When you say window size, do you mean the area where you type equations,
rather than the whole application? The next version will resize that
area when you resize the whole application. (the whole application has
always been resizable)

We've been talking about making it possible to resize the text, but
haven't really been able to find convincing use cases where it would be
useful: why should the font size in the calculator be different from the
system's standard font size?

I personally find the idea to make the menu removable interesting,
though I haven't decided if or how it would be an improvement.