New user interface for 5.29.x

Hi all,

I've just pushed some major user interface changes onto the master
branch to be released in the 5.29.x series.

If you want to read about them have a look in the NEWS file but better
still please try them out with the perspective of a gcalctool 5.28
user and provide feedback.

Usual stuff applies for a big change at the start of a cycle:
- Nothing set in stone, please suggest improvements.  Say if it sucks.
- Expect lots of regressions.  Please patch or report if you can.
- Feedback about the areas you know better than I do. e.g. accessibility

Thanks!
--Robert