Re: To Understand and Improve GNOME Bug Workflow

On Sat, 2015-11-14 at 00:20 +0800, shin zhu wrote:
We designed a tool which visualizes historical issue tracking
(Bugzilla) data
to support analysis of issue status workflow, such as identification of different
workflows in the past and evaluation of their effectiveness.

For more information about the tool, please visit https://passion-lab.org/pee.php.
To download and install the tool, please refer to https://passion-lab.org/subtopic/pee_sbsg.php.
A quick start guide is attached in this email,
and here is an online demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXitsaDFtzU.

We invite you to have a look at the tool, have a try and give your comments or
reviews to help us to evaluate and improve it.
For example, consider the following questions:
does it make it easier to look at the historical issue workflow?
do you discover something that you have not been aware of before?
do you come up with some ideas about the issue maintenance or other effort
related to issues.

The video is interesting, thank you for sharing it!

The workflow change in 2007 to bypass NEEDINFO was discussed here:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-bugsquad/2007-April/thread.html
...and it's good to see that it really saved triagers some time.

The large number of incoming bug reports in late 2006 was also covered
here with a potential explanation:
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2006/11/30/bug-flood-2/

Bug-Buddy got deprecated in the late GNOME 2.x days as automated crash
reporting became more and more a distribution-level thing.

I was not always entirely sure what the term "service quality" meant.
It seems to be used like "time to respond"?

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net