should i report this as a bug?

newb here,
by "this" i mean the following behavior:
when i insert an encrypted device, the prompt for pass-phrase isnt modal.
but when i connect my phone, it is modal.
leading to the following issue -
i plug my phone, and i cant do anything until i unlock it.
i plug a usb drive, the prompt gets stuck for some reason,<or loses
focus> and as i hit enter,
i see my password smiling at me from an IM window.
the unintended recipient has no business learning this password.
neither does the IM service provider. which will keep a copy forever.
this just happened, and turns out to be quite bad for me.
a modal prompt could have saved me...

i know its the user's responsibility, i only mention it cause you guys
stated you want to be more secure in your latest fund raising campaign
<in which i was happy to participate>
would like to know if anybody thinks this warrants a bug report, or is
there a reason behind this behavior.
thanks.