Re: Handling bug reports on user documentation

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 22:17 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > > * There is a "documentation" keyword that is used broadly (mostly
> > >   for developer docs?) with 157 open reports:
> > >   https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&keywords=documentation
> >
> > And I never use the documentation keyword.
>
> The keyword description says "This bug (or something in it) needs
> documenting."

This is, in theory, a useful thing. If the bug affects the docs, give
it the keyword and don't close it until the docs are updated. I think
I've also proposed in the past just not closing bugs and instead moving
them to the docs component, as well as some sort of special "NEEDSDOC"
status/resolution.

The problem with any of these mechanisms is that, unless developers use
them religiously, we still have to chase down changes, so the partial
list we get from bugzilla isn't that much help.

--
Shaun