Re: splinter broken by bugzilla-attachments 302 redirect

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 16:17 -0800, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> Splinter is broken
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/review?bug=407496&attachment=149058
>
> because it expects to get attachments from
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=149058
>
> but that gets 302 redirected to
> http://bugzilla-attachments.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=149058
>
> and I guess the XHR can't handle that.

It works for me and I haven't had any other reports of problems. Right
now the way that it works is that it looks at the referrer of the
request and if that matches /review, then it won't redirect.

So my guess is that your browser is not setting the referrer for
XmlHttpRequest as expected. What browser and version are you using?

- Owen

(The referrer checking is done by a local modification to the
bugzilla.gnome.org codebase - I did that to get stuff working when I was
setting stuff up, promising to find a better solution. I haven't had the
chance to go back yet and figure that out. My main idea was to go off
the requested MIME type so if you request a mime type of text/plain, we
don't redirect and reliably give you contents in text/plain.)