Re: Ran moderator queue

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 11:08 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
> Hey Owen :)
>
> Owen Taylor wrote:
> > It doesn't look like the list is actively moderated at this point;
> Could you see whether there was enough SPAM in the Queue so that it's
> worth being moderated?

There was quite a bit of spam getting through the overall filters, yes.
On the order of an item every 1-2 days.

Generally speaking, lists have to be either moderated for non-member
postings, or have closed archives - it's not OK to have spam sitting in
public archives. If a list isn't getting some spam yet it's just a
matter of time.

> > if someone wants to volunteer to take list ownership over from
> > Kjartan, I'll switch the configuration.
> >
> I'll take that job :)

I've made you and Andre list admins. See private mail, you can sort out
the details between you.

> I wonder if there are statistics out there to see which Queue has how
> many messages in the Queue. That might help to identify such stalls earlier.

I don't think we have any such tool, no. Would be nice.

There's also the GNOME moderator project where a bunch of lists get
collectively moderated, but I don't the exact details or how well that
is working at the moment.

- Owen