Re: Bug 330275

hi miguel,

thanks for your interest in helping to improve GNOME.

Am Montag, den 26.02.2007, 13:37 -0800 schrieb Miguel Agüero:
> I would like to help you triaging bugs, so i read the TriageGuide and
> told me that i innitially have to send it to the list.

the bugsquad folks mostly hang out on irc (server: irc.gimp.org,
channel: #bugs), that's the most appropriate place to get some quick
feedback or ask for opinions/help on the first steps. please be patient
because we're not sitting in front of our computers all day long, and
please don't be discouraged if you don't get an immediate answer on irc.

> I was looking the Bug 330275 and i think that is necessary change the
> priority and severity to Severity=Critical, Priority=High.

you're totally right here. however, severity&priority is not the most
important stuff, it's much more important to search for duplicates, and
to mark bad reports as NEEDINFO. you will need permissions in bugzilla
to change the status of bugs, which you will get after triaging a few
bugs together with us. :-)

> Other thing, I would like to know when a bug change of status?

simple answer: when it's needed. ;-)
for example when it is fixed (RESOLVED FIXED), or when somebody could
reproduce it (NEW), or when the developers need more information
(NEEDINFO), or no information was delivered by the reporter (RESOLVED
INCOMPLETE), or or or...

see you & welcome to the GNOME bugsquad,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de/  | http://blogs.gnome.org/portal/aklapper