Time for the annual bugzilla statistics (just a tad over a month late...)

Hi,

I thought others might be interested in some bugzilla statistics from
2006.  Thanks to Olav for noticing I hadn't gotten to this running the
necessary script when I was buried with other work (he did so on Jan.
6th instead of early Jan. 1st, so the stats might have a slight skew,
but it's unlikely to have had a major effect).  It took me a while to
get back around to it to clean up the pages and add some summary info.
Detailed information can be found at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/statistics/2006/ (once
the webpage auto-rebuilding scripts run anyway); some highlights from
the main page are:

Overall statistics:
 Current open reports: 26942 (*)
 Opened in 2006:       67543
 Closed in 2006:       59006
 Of the bugs closed, 73149 were marked as duplicates

 (*): Excludes reports marked as enhancements

The following people closed more than 1000 bugs in 2006:
 8371  Andre Klapper
 6258  Karsten Bräckelmann
 1857  Susana
 1534  Bruno Boaventura
 1514  Elijah Newren
 1160  Christian Kirbach

The following people reported more than 250 bugs in 2006:
  599  Sebastien Bacher
  487  Christian Persch
  259  Wouter Bolsterlee
  252  Bastien Nocera

The following people reviewed more than 200 patches in 2006:
  293  Tim-Philipp Müller
  256  James "Doc" Livingston
  216  Elijah Newren
  207  Srinivasa Ragavan

A little bit about the above people (please correct the mistakes I've
made in pointing out peoples' roles; people are listed in alphabetical
order by first name):

 Andre Klapper is one of our 'clinically insane' bugsquadders and
   also the most recent member of the release team.  He was one of
   the ones that really picked up the slack when the new version of
   bug-buddy was introduced, which sent our bug report rate up by an
   order of magnitude (at least for a while; it's still quite a bit
   higher than the historical bug reporting rate).  Was contract by
   Novell, at least part of the year.
 Bastien Nocera is maintainer of more bugzilla products than anyone
   else.  He works for Red Hat.
 Bruno Boaventura is relatively new to GNOME (as far as I know), but
   boy has he exploded onto the scene.
 Christian Kirbach is another of the German bugsquadders (along with
   Andre and Karsten).  Like the others, he's branching out and
   starting to work in lots of other areas as well.  I have no idea
   how we would be able to survive without this German bugsquad trio.
   My guess is that we wouldn't.
 Christian Persch is the maintainer of Epiphany.  He contributes all
   over the map.  Not only did he submit nearly twice as many patches
   to bugzilla as anyone else, he was also the second highest bug
   reporter.
 Elijah Newren is some lamer who nearly dropped off the face of the
   planet towards the end of last year to try to finish his
   dissertation.  He keeps promising he'll do stuff again sometime
   soon.
 James "Doc" Livingston is one of the maintainers of rhythmbox.  In
   addition to the high number of patches he reviewed, he also
   submitted the second most number of patches to bugzilla.
 Karsten Bräckelmann is one of our 'clinically insane' bugsquadders,
   a maintainer of GARNOME, and of evolution.  Along with Andre, he
   was one of the ones that really picked up the slack when the new
   version of bug-buddy was introduced, which sent our bug report
   rate up by an order of magnitude (at least for a while; it's still
   quite a bit higher than the historical bug reporting rate).  Was
   contract by Novell, at least part of the year.
 Sebastien Bacher is "the Debian/Ubuntu build bot" as Olav put it.
   Not only does he package software at an insane rate, he also
   forwards lots of bugs reports from Debian and Ubuntu and helps us
   keep our bugzilla sane.  Works for Canonical.
 Srinivasa Ragavan is one of the Novell employees working on
   Evolution.
 Susana is new to GNOME.  Somehow she still managed to be the third
   highest bug closer.  Amazing.
 Tim-Philipp Müller is one of the Fluendo guys working on GStreamer.
 Wouter Bolsterlee is a maintainer of evince and muine, but has his
   hands in lots of other various things, particularly epiphany.