Re: [Fwd: programs now load minimised - irritating]

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 21:49 +1100, Rod Butcher wrote:

I find that in the past week after rebuilding Gnome from cvs head, newly
loaded programs start minimised (i.e. they only show on the panel, which
has to be clicked to make the newly loaded program display itself). Is
this a new configurable feature or a bug ?

Definitely a bug.  How do you reproduce?

It only seems to occur if gnome-terminal has the foreground (i.e. main window). Any program loaded (from menu or as an applet) will load minimised. This came up as I was using gnome-terminal to try to debug an applet).

I can confirm this bug/bad behaviour.

Launching any application on a workspace that has a gnome-terminal open
inside it will make that application fall into the background.

Thanks for confirming, I've raised a bug. It was driving me nuts.
Rod
Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

<corporate disclaimer drivel goes here>