Re: [Fwd: programs now load minimised - irritating]

On 1/15/06, Rod Butcher <rbutcher hyenainternet com> wrote:
> sorry, I figured out right after posting that this is now controlled by
> Startup-Notify in the .desktop file. However, there does seem to be a
> bug with adding applets, which also defaults to minimised. If we haven't
> yet added the window list we don't get to see the add applet dialog.
> Rod

Startup-Notification determines whether you get a busy cursor and a
"Starting <application>" thing in the tasklist, and helps decide
whether the new window should be focused on launch.  But if new
windows are being minimized, it's a bug.

Definitely a bug.  How do you reproduce?