GLib-GObject-CRITICAL - not sure how to report it

I'm often not sure what component to report a crash under - I rebuild Gnome from cvs head periodically so I'm running with a lot of unstable components. Example :-

GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_get_pointer: assertion `G_VALUE_HOLDS_POINTER (value)' failed
aborting...

This occurs in evolution, but is Glib the problem here ? Am I actually doing any good by reporting crashes with cvs versions or just wasting developers' time ?
thanks
Rod
<corporate disclaimer drivel goes here>