The standard "Please provide a better backtrace" message

Hi,

I'd like to make a couple suggestions regarding the standard response
when a better stack trace is needed.

First, the http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces is mostly about how to
obtain a stack trace and not about improving one, with most of the
relevant content at
http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces/DistroSpecificInstructions

I think the instructions would be much more useful, especially to new
users, if the content in "Getting a better stacktrace" were moved
DistroSpecificInstructions, with more examples added to the page (ie. an
example make.conf for Gentoo), and DistroSpecificInstructions be the
default page people are sent to.

Second, I don't know how it is for everyone, but I'm put off by the
message itself. It feels to me like it is saying, "Thanks for nothing."

> Thanks for the bug report. Unfortunately, that stack trace is not very
> useful in determining the cause of the crash. Can you get us one with
> debugging symbols? Please see http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces for
> more information on how to do so.

I personally would like something more along the lines of the following:

> Thanks for the bug report. We will do the best that we can but the
> stack trace is missing some useful elements that will help solve the
> problem faster. Please see
> http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces/DistroSpecificInstructions to find
> out what you can do to send better reports in the future.

- Brian Nickel