installing gnome volume manager --error

hi ppl..

i'm trying to compile gnome-volume manager on to my ubuntu systems..
on compilation i get the foll error

root ARVIND:/home/arvind/Desktop/Software/gnome-volume-manager-1.5.15# /usr/arv/bin/gnome-volume-manager --sm-client-id default4 --daemon=yes

(gnome-volume-manager:2674): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

the default gnome-volume manager doesnt work either (it was working on system boot, when i had to kill it to debug my own version)

root ARVIND:/home/arvind/Desktop/Software/gnome-volume-manager-1.5.15# gnome-volume-manager

(gnome-volume-manager:2707): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

can someone plz tell me the reason for this error..

thanx in advance

--
Regards
  ARviND AyyangaR