Re: notes from QA BOF today

Luis Villa wrote:
> On 10/11/05, Zack Cerza <zcerza redhat com> wrote:
>
>>Luis Villa wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>>>* running headless: figure out xvfb v. xfake, maybe just use whichever
>>>is installed; need to get a full session going- what exactly are the
>>>needs for the session? could jhbuild run gnome-session (inside session
>>>run test scripts) or could maybe do the nat-jeff session:
>>>http://nat.org/2005/october/#Keep-It-Simple-Stupid instead of a real
>>>session
>>
>>I just committed headless support to CVS. One step closer to the
>>tinderbox... ;)
>

> Huge step. Care to share how one would do it if one was trying to do it oneself?

Sure:

test tak:~/dogtail/examples$ dogtail-run-headless
./gedit-test-utf8-procedural-api.py

Note that dogtail-run-headless has a hardcoded sleep while waiting for
the session to come up. It works on my laptop as-is, which should cover
most cases, but it's still less than ideal. To fix that, we'll need
better error handling in pyspi.

Zack