Re: Memory consumption bugs - BZ keyword?

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 16:55 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:05:55 -0500, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> > I'd be happier with a tracker bug; a memory keyword will be unused
> > again in 6-12 months.

Luis, what do you mean by this?

> Just a though, but we could add the memory keyword, and then move all
> bugs under the 'purify' keyword over to this one and nuke purify.
> Then we have a fairly general keyword for memory problems, whether
> they be problems found in code review, problems found from running the
> program for a long time and noticing increasing memory usage, or
> problems found from various tools such as purify, valgrind, memprof,
> or whatever.

Conceptually I like a "memory" keyword better.  Maybe tracker bugs and
keywords are isomorphic.

... is there an easy way to find all the tracker bugs in bugzilla?  That
would be a good starting point for Gnome-Love contributors and such.

Initially I thought that leaks were orthogonal to reducing memory
consumption in non-leaky apps, but what the hell; they are both just
bloat from the viewpoint of the user :)

Luis, you are the bug mastah --- in your experience, do tracker bugs or
keywords work better for this kind of desktop-wide project?

[What about the KnownBugs page in the memory wiki?  I wanted to keep
that around to be the one-stop-shop for things to fix.  I like having
quickly-accessible descriptions there.]

  Federico