Subject: Re: Stock response addition

<caleb>
> I'd like to see another stock response to address crasher bugs
that are
> not described and do not contain debugging information.
>
> I think this would address a fair amount of bugs that are
reported via
> bug buddy.  My suggestion would be to piece together some of the
> existing stock responses to come up with:
</caleb>
Yeah, I've been manually piecing together the same two existing stock
be helpful to make the two flow together a little more smoothly as
well.  Here's a shot in the dark attempt to do that (someone else can
probably come up with something better--feel free to do so):

<elijah>
"Thanks for taking the time to report this bug. This bug report
isn't
very useful because it doesn't describe the bug well and the stack
trace unfortunately isn't very helpful. If you have time and can still
reproduce the bug, please either add a description of how to reproduce
this bug (see http://bugzilla.gnome.org/bug-HOWTO.html for
more
details) or provide a stack trace that includes debugging symbols (see
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/getting-traces.cgi
for more information
about useful stack traces), or (preferably) both."
</elijah>

Caleb, Elijah,
Some semi-random n00b thoughts for you :)
Is it wortwhile filing a usability bug against "bug buddy" for the volume
of these bug reports that exist and seem only to take up bugsquad time? Or
is the fact that many of us can't seem to get bug buddy working usefully
for the relevant developers when it autolaunches after a crash something
that really can't be improved upon?
I realise usability bugs have issues, such as being ver difficult to
demonstrate a solution. But I guess there's a metric here in how many
non-useful bug-buddy generated reports are bein recieved vs useful
bug-buddy generated reports.

Speaking of which, is there a nice, succinct guide on how to generate
useful stuff using bug-buddy that could be linked in the response and
potentially on bug-buddy itself?

If all of the above is garbage, then as you were...
Hal