deep fried locust^W^W^WBug Day 2.5.3

It's not really bugday 2.5.3 (more like at least 80+ for me, at least)
but to celebrate all the hard work the devels have been doing to
stabilize GNOME 2.5, it's probably time to either help them out by
cleaning out bugzilla or by filling up their inboxes with love.[1]

What is this thing you call 'bug day'?
======================================

Bug day is a day we get together and eat deep fried locusts.[2]
Actually, not really- it's a day we get together and find bugs and clean
bugzilla so that developers can get more work done. They need all the
help they can get, since I'm told our developers are generally
stoned.[3]

Who can help at a bug day?
==========================

Virtually anyone. Bug day can be for the very timid, the very quiet, or
the very persistent. Mostly what you need is a decent grasp of English,
a user-level knowledge of GNOME, and 30 or so minutes of the day. You
/don't/ need to have any programming ability, any prior experience with
QA, or even a deep understanding of GNOME. On the other hand, if you do
have programming ability, it's also a great way to get involved- after a
few bug days, you can figure out what needs help in gnome quickly and
apply your talents there, like esteemed gnome luminaries aes and shaunm.

I'm sold- it sounds like the greatest thing ever[4]- how do I join?

Bug day is from 8:30AM EST to 8:30PMEST tomorrow (Thursday)- that's
13:30UTC->01:30UTC.
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=5&month=2&year=2004&hour=8&min=30&sec=0&p1=179

Join us in #bugs on irc.gnome.org during that time, and we'll chill and
share the bugzilla love.

Luis, this was the second greatest bugday announcement[5] of all time,
but I still have questions.
=================================

Thanks for the compliment. The FAQ is here:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/faq.html

See you all tomorrow:
Luis

All important footnotes:

[1] love, for the purposes of this exercise, being defined as 'bugzilla
mail.' It's really a great definition, in my mind, since that makes me
like the most loved person on the planet. Which isn't bad, right?

[2] http://thaibugs.com/edible%20insects.htm

[3] http://www.illusionary.com/GNOMEvKDE.html

[4] http://www.cafeshops.com/tarnished.9454841 <- Project Utopia is
actually the greatest thing ever, but Bug Day is close

[5]http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-love/2002-December/msg00001.html
 It's a Kubrick reference. It wins. Completely.