Re: Wildcard account for *@bugs.debian.org?

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 22:57, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 02:22, Andrew Lau wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I was wondering whether you could wildcard * bugs debian org (eg
> > 123456 bugs debian org) in the accounts list so that bugs forwarded from
> > the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS) can have changes made to their
> > corresponding entry on GNOME Bugzilla CC:'ed back? At the moment, a
> > Debian user tracking his/her bug has to look up two webpages -
> > http://bugs.debian.org/$BUGNUM and http://bugzilla.gnome.org/.
>
> There is potentially a large nuisance hole here, unless we can set it up
> so that the bugs.debian.org addresses without real accounts can only
> receive mail and not edit anything.
>
> This may sound overly paranoid but the pathetic scum that are mass email
> marketers seem to have no bottom to their cess pool these days.

Yes, that would have to be a requirement. I think it might need a
bugzilla patch anyway, please feel free to submit one.

Also, why are bugs being tracked in 2 places anyway? Shouldn't bugs that
debian decide are "upstream" only be tracked here, and not in debian
too? What advantages does tracking in 2 places give?

Hrm,

--
Andrew Sobala <as583 cam ac uk>

Given by our hand in the meadow that is called Runnymede, between
Windsor and Staines, on the fifteenth day of June in the seventeenth
year of our reign.