RE: Tracking versions in bugzilla

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 07:48, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Andrew Sobala [mailto:aes gnome org]
> > I've brainstormed on how best to keep track of GNOME versions
> > in bugzilla - the current GNOMEVER keyword mess. I wrote some
> > stuff at:
> >
> > http://www.gnome.org/~aes/bug_versions.html
> >
> > Please could people read it and comment? This is something
> > that would be nice to be nicer, in the long term :-)
>
> So, in summary, life could be easier after we have upgraded to the latest
> bugzilla? Has anyone expressed interest in doing that since Luis mentioned
> it last time?

That's not quite an accurate summary :-)

We need to find the best, nicest way of tracking GNOME versions. What I
wrote may not be right or desirable, it's an idea where discussion would
be nice.

This particular implementation depends on the bugzilla upgrade.
Apparently development on that is happening in fits and starts; some
people have definitely put in quite a bit of work though more is needed.
Unfortunately my perl skills suck too badly for me to be able to help at
all.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp