Re: Stock responses

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 12:12, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 10:00, gnome-bugsquad-request gnome org wrote:
> > Subject: Stock responses
> > From: Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>
> > To: gnome-bugsquad gnome org
> > Date: 25 Feb 2003 17:11:12 +0000
> >
> > FWIW, here are some stock responses finally in a permanent home:
> >
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/stock-responses.html
> >
> > If you have any of your own to add, please e-mail it to me.

This is great, BTW.

> One comment: I think the getting-traces.cgi web page starts off with the
> hard way of getting traces and then only later gives a small mention to
> bug-buddy.  That makes me apprehensive to suggest it to most people, so
> my response tends to mention bug-buddy (and a quick sentence about where
> to get it and how to use it) before mentioning that web page.  Would it
> be possible to modify your stock responses and/or that web page in this
> fashion?

Probably it's a good idea to modify the traces page to suggest bug-buddy
first then the other stuff. The reason it is ordered the way it is is
that the very first iteration of the traces page was written for
evolution, at a point when bug-buddy and evolution's interaction was
such that it frequently generated useless reports. That still affects
evo (somewhat) but probably the gnome page doesn't need to reflect that
historical heritage.