RE: known issues for 2.4 release notes

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 08:52, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > > There are lots of reports in bugzilla that describe
> > > nautilus crashes when browsing smb (Samba, Windows) shares.
> >
> > Almost all of which are duplicates of bug 107741, which has
> > been marked
> > as fixed.
>
> That's great. You did this recently so I didn't notice it. Maybe we should
> mention "Improved SMB stability" in the release notes instead.

Yes, it was recently, but no, I didn't do it.  (All I did was come up
with reliable duplication instructions, but that wasn't so recently).  I
can't even get smb browsing to work under my Gnome-2.3 (compiled from
CVS with jhbuild) installation.  (And yes, I did compile
gnome-vfs-extras).  So I can't even test if bug 107741 is fixed for me,
I just trust whoever marked it as such.

Elijah