RE: known issues for 2.4 release notes

> From: Elijah Newren [mailto:newren math utah edu]
> > I know it's the opposite of what Ximian are saying, and
> there don't seem to
> > be any Ximian patches that would change anything, but our
> smb stuff seems to
> > be very unstable. There are lots of reports in bugzilla
> that describe
> > nautilus crashes when browsing smb (Samba, Windows) shares.
>
> Almost all of which are duplicates of bug 107741, which has
> been marked
> as fixed.

That's great. You did this recently so I didn't notice it. Maybe we should
mention "Improved SMB stability" in the release notes instead.

However, there are still lots of smb crashes in bugzilla. But I don't know
how representative they are. Simple searches for smb and samba for nautilus
give me this:
smb:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C358125B5
samba: