Re: Extended triage guide -- useful?

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 16:16, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> Thanks Elijah, that's great!  I love the examples.

Those were actually the main reason I wrote the thing.  I'm glad that
part looks good.  I was wondering if I should remove some of the
redundancy (e.g. one of the needs-patch-keyword, one of the needinfo
bugs, and one of the mis-filed (wrong-product) bugs).  Also, considering
all the cutting and pasting and renaming of files that I did, I'm also
wondering if I have some errors left over (despite checking through them
all multiple times...).

> I can see why it's separate to the other triage guide - it's at a
> different level - but some things in the "official" triage guide could
> be rearranged to make what you've written fit in. Right now I don't have
> time to do that, though adding a link shouldn't be too difficult...

The official triage guide [1] is actually linked in three separate
places (at the beginning when I explain why I wrote the document, as
step 3 of how to triage bugs [it follows registering an email address
with bugzilla and joining the bugsquad emailing list], and in the
important links section).

Should the two documents be combined?  To me, it makes perfect sense to
keep the two separate and maintain the link(s) from what I wrote to the
step-by-step guide.  But it might make sense to combine them as well.
I'm just not sure how that would work out.

> ;-)

Yeah, that was the main reason I knew my html sucked.  That shouldn't
take long so I'll try to fix it up.  I'm sure there are likely other
problems too...

Elijah

[1] This isn't quite correct.  In one case I'm really referring to the
triage guide (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/) but
in the other two, I'm referring to the 9 steps of triaging
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/bugsquad/triage/steps.html), which
ignores the information of the first page.  One of the important things
on that first page is the link to Bug Days which has several questions
and answers (and which I don't think I've read until just now...).

Elijah Newren
Internet: http://www.math.utah.edu/~newren   newren math utah edu
Tired of pop-up webpages when surfing the internet?  Look at
   http://www.math.utah.edu/~newren/noPopUps.html
for how to get rid of them without spending a penny.