Re: yo, party people- new keyword?

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 16:15, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > *I'm sort of curious what everyone thinks about doing things
> > mozilla-style and forcing nearly all bugs to start unconfirmed, and
> > then using NEW instead of a keyword.
>
> Well, I think both should be used. When I see a NEW bug, my first
> thought is : "it has been triaged". So I may not look at it. It'd be
> better - for me - if bugs start unconfirmed.

I'd agree with Vincent's analysis, for the most part.  It would be nice
if NEW were a little more consistent, as in "NEW means *somebody* looked
at and confirmed this bug."  Adding the bug_squad keyword just makes it
clear that one of us did the looking, rather than a developer, anarchist
saboteur, or some other interloper.

Not that I've been in any way useful lately.  My $0.02, nonetheless.

Heath