Re: yo, party people- new keyword?

Le 13 Sep 2002 12:46:22 -0400, Luis Villa a ecrit :

> Hey, guys, gals...

Hey Luis !

[...]

> *for starters, let's use 'bug_squad' as our keyword. It's clear,
> simple, doesn't imply too much, and most likely won't be used
> accidentally by anyone else. And we can always nuke it and merge it or
> replace it with another keyword later if we decide something else will
> work better.[Like, say, we do well enough to merge with triage without
> substantially changing the quality level currently implied by
> triaged.]

Ok, that's cool. I'm quite busy right now and at least for one week, but
I'll try to play a bit with bugzilla.

[...]

> *I'm sort of curious what everyone thinks about doing things
> mozilla-style and forcing nearly all bugs to start unconfirmed, and
> then using NEW instead of a keyword.

Well, I think both should be used. When I see a NEW bug, my first
thought is : "it has been triaged". So I may not look at it. It'd be
better - for me - if bugs start unconfirmed. However, it's always useful
to add the GNOME1.4 or GNOME2 keyword, and to add our bug_squad keyword
to see that we did triage it, and not someone else. This allows us to
keep track on what's happening.

One thing that would be great to have is a place where we can see the QA
guy/gal/team for each product. This would give us a better idea of who's
in Bug Squad and who's doing what. But that can wait.

Thanks for your hard work, Luis, and have a good trip

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.