Re: Weekly bug summary--error?

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 22:10, Wayne Schuller wrote:
> hi,
>
> Ok I have found the problem... it is the one I have already mentioned.
>
> Many reports have completely wrong timestamps... either for the time of
> opening or closing.
>
> This is going to alter the stats.
>
> It is not a problem with the script.
>
> It may be related to bug: 98021 concerning use of UTC in bugzilla.
>
> Someone needs to audit the way timestamps are used and abused in
> bugzilla.

The big problem (at least last time I looked into it, it was the only
obvious problem) is that the bug-buddy bug processing 'trusts' the
timestamp on the email. Hence, submit a bug-buddy email from a screwed
up machine that thinks it is in 2024 or 1970 and bugzilla records that
time. [This was true of b.x.c; I have not investigated the b.g.o code to
see if it has the same problem.] Additionally, bugs imported from
Eazel's bugzilla may have their own set of fun timestamp issues.
Otherwise, I know of no serious timestamp issues.

FWIW, I have no plans to 'convert' bugzilla to UTC; I see no valid,
non-cosmetic reason to go to the trouble.