Re: Bug 97233

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 20:07, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No one appears to be on #bugs right now (or at least isn't awake).  The
> last comment in bug 97233 is made by the reporter asking how to close the
> bug.  My question:  Can the bug be closed?  It seems like it, except fo
> rthe fact that there's an unclosed bug that 97233 is listed as depending
> on.  What is done in this case?

In this case, I'm completely unclear why those are marked blockers :) So
it seems reasonable to close and ask why the blockers are there. [Maybe
I'm missing something obvious, though.]

In the general case, the question to ask is 'why is this blocked by
that'- most of the time you'll find that either (1) it isn't really a
blocker or (2) the bug really isn't solved. Answer that question and the
next step is probably obvious- either remove the bug as a blocker, or
keep the blocked bug open.

HTH-