Re: XFree bugzilla

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 17:51, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> > From: Andrew Sobala <andrew sobala net>
> >
> > On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 16:18, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > Maybe we could donate part of our Thursday bug days to XFree ;-)
> >
> > Maybe we could; the question we need to ask is whether we have enough
> > human resources to help XFree and yet keep GNOME bugzilla in a
> > reasonable shape at the same time. Surprisingly, I think that we might
> > :-)
>
> Well, I guess I missed the rest of the thread and I don't see it on
> the gnome-bugsquad archives, but in any case I would like to help out
> the XFree team.  I'd still spend more time on Gnome stuff since I'm
> more interested in that, but I think we have enough people to help
> XFree out some.
>
> Also, I didn't want to spam people, so I'm not sending this email to
> the others listed in Andrew's email.  Let me know if I should.

The thread happened on foundation-list. I cc-ed it here when this came
up, but since no-one replied it didn't matter.

Luis pointed out that In No Way and Over His Dead Body would the
bugsquad donate time to other projects :-) since GNOME bugzilla still
needs as much help as it can get; nevertheless he said if individuals
wanted to donate time to other projects that makes sense too although
there is a sharp learning curve per-project.

Jim Gettys implied that the chance for an XFree bugzilla is remote since
the developers feel the startup costs would waste too much time.

There's my masterly summary of a thread that you could just read the
archives for :-) I'm too kind.

--
Andrew