Re: the bug team and gnome2.2 [many responses in one email]

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 14:20, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 17:02, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 14:05, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> > > Is a "qa-triaged" keyword, and strict instructions about who is allowed
> > > to use it, good enough?
> >
> > Possibly. Hard to say without going ahead and doing it.
>
> Do you think we could go ahead and do it? Since I've actually _got_ a
> qa-maint alias pointing at me now, and other people will start qa'ing
> hopefully very soon, a way to mark bugs as qa'd is essential.
>
> If we try something and it doesn't work, we can drop it. But it would be
> really nice if we could start trying things soon ;)

I'd like for this not to happen until we have some agreed upon standards
for things more than just 'duplicate/confirmed.' My work in 2.0 was
successful because there was consistency in prioritization and
severities. Currently, there is going to be no such consistency from
multiple people and so I'd prefer not to claim there is. [Claiming that
something is triaged /is/ a claim that certain standards of
prioritization and such have been met.]

> > > * A "Bugtable", like the Doctable, would be useful. Useful things to
> > > include are:
> > >
> > > -- QA contacts and if they are on holiday :)
> > > -- No. of bugs without "qa-triaged" (or equivalent) set.
> > > -- No. of "important" bugs (implementation depends on point above about
> > > targeting bug-fix-times).
> >
> > Yup. You volunteering to write a mock up in HTML, Andrew? :)
>
> If you're serious, I'll do a "first draft." Mock up, no code.

Mock up is fine. Someone with access to the SQL DB would have to do the
code. I'd suggest looking at the equivalent i18n and docs tables before
you start- i18n's contains stats, like ours will. It's incredibly
over-complex but it might have some hints on where we should be going.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.0-core/