Re: Restore an image

Hey,

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 08:56:16PM -0500, Braden McDaniel wrote:
I naively backed up just my GNOME Boxes images without the
corresponding XML descriptors.  Am I simply screwed, or is there some
way I can reconstruct the XML so that I can load these images in Boxes?

If you create a new virtual machine with a similar OS to the one you
have a disk image for, the generated XML should not be too different
from the one you had on your old system.
Once you have a working XML, you can either overwrite the new disk image
with the one you backed up (when the VM is off), or use
virsh -c qemu:///session edit $vmname
to point the VM you created at the old image.

Let me know if you have more questions,

Christophe