no focus / mouse / keyboard in boxes?

Hello List

Just been trying to install fedora 20 on fedora 22 via boxes - and I
can't get through the install process because I can't input any
text...

I'm sure there's a simple key combo that gets me into my virtual box.
When I mouse over the title bar, the pointer's there; when I mouse
over the box the pointer disappears.  Left Ctl + Alt seem to make the
title bar instruction about Left Ctl + Alt disappear, until I move the
mouse again over the box when it appears again.  I guess there is
pointer in there somewhere as I can see some highlights as I wave the
mouse about the box - but, there's no pointer and I'm unable to input
any text from the keyboard.

I'm sure there's a key combo - but I can't find it.  Any pointers (so
to speak) much appreciated.

Thanks,
Morgan Read
E mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz