Re: Importing VMs from Aqemu (and perhaps Virtualbox)

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:47:28 +0000
"Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:

Images are not the same as VMs so it would be very wrong for libvirt
to use the images, especially automatically. A VM consists also of
metadata, e.g CPU configuration, RAM, etc

Gotcha. Aqemu had a feature where I could import an existing image off an external drive and then reset the
metadata.

I must admit that mass import of images isn't something that we have
thought of.

Maybe I'm just a weird user. ;)

Maybe Boxes can allow you to specify a directory to
import from. Would that help?

That would make migration from Aqemu seamless, since all the images are stored in a single directory in Home.

If so, please do file a bug about that.

I wouldn't exactly call it a bug so much as something on my personal wishlist that may or may not be of
interest to other users.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am enjoying Boxes immensely and would like to help the project in any way
I can, which would probably be testing right now since I don't code.