Re: String freeze break/creating a 3.6 branch?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 03:51:37PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Christophe Fergeau
> <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
> > Apart from this commit, we could make sure we only
> > commit to the 3.6 branch,
>
> I don't see the point of that. I think all changes should first go to
> unstable branch and if they are worthy of going to stable, we push
> them there as well.

Yes, 'we' will push, this 'we' is likely to be either noone or the one
doing the stable releases. While we are still working on stabilizing 3.6,
it makes sense to keep targetting this branch, as moving the commits to the
unstable branch is just an easy git merge away.

Christophe