Re: To save or not to save

On 11/16/2012 11:55 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
<lmr redhat com> wrote:
On 11/15/2012 03:49 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

Mostly just thinking aloud here (hence this email rather than patches
on bz)! Ideas?

I was wondering why you guys use this workflow rather than the most common
'patches to mailing list' approach... Wouldn't be more beneficial to have
the patches sent to the ML?

Thats a big debate and I have never seen anyone getting convinced
either way around. :) To each his own I guess, both approaches has its
advantages and disadvantages. The main advantages of bz to me are:

* you can easily track status of the patches at both patch level and
issue/bug/topic-level.
* you can easily setup dependencies
* Get nice reports and even graphs of whats been happening with the project

git-bz makes working with bz pretty convenient and the issues people
have with bz are usually bugs/improvements in bz software that are
fixable, not exactly problems with the approach of using bz itself.

You probably already know the advantages of mailing-lists so I'll
spare you from that.

Sure, I was just wondering. I like patch review systems, but never actually saw the one deployed in GNOME's bugzilla. Anyway, I don't think this is a big deal.