Re: Boxes: UI/feature freeze break
- From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, gnome-boxes-list <gnome-boxes-list gnome org>, gnome-doc-list gnome org, gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Re: Boxes: UI/feature freeze break
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 15:55:47 +0200
On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
> <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
>> Once again (hopefully last time) I need to break the feature/UI
>> freeze. Its regarding:
>> I think its an essential feature that many would complain about if it
>> doesn't go in with Boxes in 3.4.
>> This is also an announcement for string changes (small ones).
> It would be much easier to judge this if you told us what the string
> and ui changes are - what are the new or changed strings ? and how
> does the ui compare before/after ?
Ah you need a summary in the mail, sure! Here goes:
While Boxes allocates resources to new VMs automatically for you, it
doesn't always do the right job there (especially if OS is unknown or
we don't know the recommended/minimum resources for it). Moreover, as
Jon pointed out people do upgrade their hardware so they should be
able to upgrade their virtual hardware as well. The only non-obsoleted
patch in bug#664774 allows you to change RAM and storage allocation.
We added a new tab in the 'Properties' view as shown here:
These are the new translatable strings:
3. "Changes require restart of '%s'. Attempt restart?"
Feel free to ask for more information, if needed.
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
] [Thread Prev