Re: jhbuild errors

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:52:38AM -0500, Michael Hill wrote:
> Running 'jhbuild build --nodeps gnome-boxes' I get a number of
> failures (below) building libosinfo, libvirt-glib and librsvg on
> openSUSE 12.3. Has anyone seen these errors before? Am I missing
> something in my setup?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>

> libosinfo:
>
>   GEN      Libosinfo-1.0.gir
>
> (process:18683): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2720: You forgot to
> call g_type_init()

glib from jhbuild has now deprecated g_type_init, so libosinfo got some
compile-time changes not to call g_type_init when a recent enough glib is
detected. Given that you are building libosinfo from jhbuild, I expect it
not to call g_type_init at all. However, these error messages seem to
imply that at some point it's trying to use an older glib at runtime. Maybe
you are not using gobject-introspection from jhbuild? (very wild and blind
guess)

Christophe