Re: About old version of udev required by jhbuild

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 02:14:57AM -0200, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
> Disclaimer: I understand this is not the correct list to talk about
> this, but I'm feeling a bit discouraged to subscribe to gnome-devel
> just yet :)
>
> So, jhbuild module list has a pretty ancient version of udev
> required to build gnome, and actually the file isn't on kernel.org's
> repo anyway. In order to get away with it, I had to get to a shell,
> and download it from:
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/udev/udev-147.tar.bz2/aed0129c5a00e01d1be75ffda7d2e0f1/udev-147.tar.bz2
>
> I even found a thread where Zeeshan asks about it on gnome-devel
> about it but seems to have gone nowhere:
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/desktop-devel-gnome/2011-08/msg00206.html
>
> Considering we are on udev-175 from what I can see on this Fedora
> mirror, the questions remain:
>
> 1) Should we send a patch updating the location for udev? I don't
> seem to find an official kernel.org mirror for this.
> 2) Should we send a patch updating the version of the udev being used?

It's not recommended at all to build udev with jhbuild actually, jhbuild
probably tried to build it because it couldn't find the udev/gudev
development headers on your machine. However since the older tarballs are
unlikely to come back to kernel.org, updating the tarball used by the gnome
moduleset would be a good improvement.

Christophe