Re: spaces between characters in the gnome "insert characters" panel

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 02:05 +0200, nick humphrey wrote:
> i made a new panel in gnome and added the "insert characters" panel.
> then i added my own list of characters, the arabic alphabet with
> punctuation marks: fatHa, kasra, damma, etc...

> but in between the punctuation marks on the gnome panel there are
> empty spaces buttons even though in the string i pasted into my
> personalized character set, there were no spaces...

I think the spaces are just a display bug. Sometimes they go away.
Unless you can click on them separately from a character. In which case,
maybe you have fonts missing?

> plus another thing, when i press on any of the buttons in the panel,
> none of the letters get inserted anywhere (openoffice, firefox form
> fields, gedit, etc).

You need to press the button (it will press in). Then select "paste" in
your application.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA