Re: GNOME.conf.au

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 09:37:47AM +1300, Mike Beattie wrote:

> To tell you the absolute truth, it didn't - we never received a proposal.
> Now, if one was sent, then I'm sure there must have been a mail system
> failure somewhere... I understand Jeff did send one, and after discovering
> this, our miniconf man had asked him to resend it, but hasn't heard back
> yet. Is that right Alex?

We had thought it strange that no communique was received.

> > After two highly successful years in which it has filled its allocated
> > room, as well as encourage a number of new developers and contributors
> > to the project, it is disappointing to see that it didn't make the cut
> > this year.
>
> Oh, I totally agree, since there's so much other stuff on my mind, I hadn't
> really noticed it wasn't there.

Fair enough.

> If you can rally together *now*, and get something together as a 'sort of'
> proposal, then I'm sure we can try and find some room for you. That's not a
> 100% promise, but we'll do our damnedest to make it happen.

Without having Jeff's original email. Here is a blurb:

'''
GNOME.conf.au is a casual get together for GNOME lovers to meet with
their favourite hackers and discuss all things GNOMEy. The day will
comprise of talks from GNOME hackers and contributors as well as
possible freeform sessions. Anyone interested in Linux on the
desktop (including KDE users) should come along and check it out;
it'll be rad.
'''

I'll put some content on http://live.gnome.org/Dunedin2006

We only need the single room, and we only need it for the day. Most
importantly, we need the advertising so that attendees know.

Thanks for dealing with this.

--davyd

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA