Customization of Gnome Fund Contribution to Country levels

Dear Board Members,

I here by wish to make an appeal for customizing the rates (contribution funds) to Gnome programs such as Gnome Store, Friends of Gnome, Contribute to Gnome, etc. to be customized to the country rates such a way more people can affort to contribute.

The current problem is, most contributors willing to contribute to the Free software (Gnome, Linuxfoundation, FSF, etc.) are not able to contribute in any way viz Buying goodies, fund transfers, etc. coz the conversion rates are too high.

For example, to become a friends of Gnome program and sponsor 500USD to get a one time membership, etc. features, it will cost around 21,000 INR (Indian Currency) for an individual.

This is leading to loosing alot of contributors in and around asia specific. I can assure you this problem is faced by many in my country (india) when ever i interact with many people interested in gnome and wishes to contribute funds, upon seeing the conversion rates, they back off.

Hence i here by make a request to the board of members to take further decisions as requested above, so that every body can contribute easily and comfortably.

P.S: I had the same above discussion with Brian Cameron when he visited Gnome.Asia 2011 summit in bangalore recently. He directed me to write a mail to the Board Members.

--
“Live your life honestly—if you don’t, you always have

"Ever tried Zen Computing?"
visit: www.zenwalk.org