Cool project: building slides on how to get started with pygtk

Dear all,

I'd like to follow up with the discussion the GNOME.Asia committee had on Tuesday evening with some members of Hong Kong, Indonesia and India.

Amanda started the idea that letting new developers now how easy it is to write applications using PyGTK would help GNOME attract new developers. We actually think this is a great idea and would be useful not only at the Asian level, but at the general GNOME level everywhere around the world.

Amanda has accepted to drive the initiative but help is definitely welcome. Some of the issues to be covered are:
- ease of development
- tools, IDEs
- cross-platform, portability

I think it could be a great project to boost activity on this mailing list as well and we could use the GNOME wiki to start adding notes and comments.

If anyone has comments or suggestions, please reply to this email.

Thank you.

Fred