After the whopping release of Juan Pablo's Drag and Drop support,
this new release was originally planned to support editing of files
using the new <template> syntax, to support Composite Widget Templates,
but we couldn't resist stepping it, so here are some highlights:
o Autosave Support (with configuration in preferences dialog)
o Backup previous revision on save (also in preferences)
o Configure what types of errors to display at save time (in preferences)
o Inspector now shows warnings for any widgets which might cause
warnings, for use of deprecated elements or elements not available
in the currently set target version.
And last but not least, more DoggFooding !
The following elements are now designed in Glade and use
Composite Widget Templates to define the UI, not to mention they've
had a major facelift:
o GladePreferences (the preferences dialog)
o GladeProjectProperties (the project properties dialog)
o GladeEditor (the main property editor)
o GladeActivatableEditor (the editor for GtkActivatable widgets)
o GladeWidgetEditor (this shows up in the "Common" tab now instead
of a boring list of properties).
For more information on Composite Widget Templates, see this blog post: http://blogs.gnome.org/tvb/2013/04/09/announcing-composite-widget-templates/
What is Glade
is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user
interfaces for the GTK+ toolkit and the GNOME desktop environment.
The user interfaces designed in Glade
are saved as XML, and by using
the GtkBuilder GTK+ object these can be loaded by applications
dynamically as needed.
By using GtkBuilder, Glade
XML files can be used in numerous
programming languages including C, C++, C#, Vala, Java, Perl,
Python, and others.
- Much UI fixing and refactoring (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Added new --css and --screenshot options to glade-preview (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Fix main window shortcuts (bug 695866 Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Implemented Project Properties dialog with Glade as a composite tempalte (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Support editing the GtkWidget:name property (useful for CSS theming)
- Improved project inter-widget dependancy calculation and project serialization ordering,
object output ordering (and signal ordering) is now consistent and sorted.
- GtkButton: response-id for dialogs is now optional (allowing adding dialog buttons that
have no dialog response)
- GtkImage: Support the new "resource" property
- GTK+ catalog updated to cover widgets in GTK+ 3.8
- Now show warnings in the UI for deprecated properties and signals
- Now show warnings in the Inspector view if any deprecated widgets, signals
or properties are used (or if anything is used which is not available in
the project's target version).
- Optional properties are now always saved if they are enabled, allowing
to explicitly set them to the default value (eg. GtkWidget:hexpand/vexpand)
- Inspector search entry: Restore completions to work nicely again and filter
the treeview with a search-in-text algorithm.
- Inspector: Add a feature to expand-all
- Property editor title-bar is now optional in the View menu
- Fixed many deprecation warnings in Glade's compile
- Added Glade's first 2 ever unit tests
- Fixed Devhelp doc search for properties (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Make Drag'n'Drop work on regular clicks without entering Drag Mode
and restored old Drag/Resize functionality when SHIFT is pressed (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Improved Drag/Resize which has been rather broken for a while
- Added Autosave and Automatic backup of previous file features, configurable
in Glade's preferences Dialog
- Support Composite GtkBuilder template editing (mark a toplevel GtkWidget as
the "composite template" widget in the Project Properties dialog or
- Support editing of the project domain in the project properties dialog (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
- Properties in the Project Properties dialog are now undoable
- GladeSignalEditor: Automatically expand rows which have signal callbacks assigned when
loading a widget
- Add options to decide what types of warnings should be presented at project save time,
configurable in Glade's preferences dialog.
- Added new property editor components GladePropertyLabel, GladePropertyShell and
GladeEditorSkeleton, allowing us to create custom property editors using Glade.
- Add "Grid" option to "Add parent" menu (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
- Added Gladeui catalog for IDE's and embedders to design Glade frontends with Glade
- Added private catalog to allow the GTK+ plugin to embed editors that it provides
- Added new GladeEpropCheck boolean property editor, to be used in some cases for
- Added new adaptor methods GladeWidgetAdaptor->write_widget_after() and
- Automatically generate gladeui's enum types with glib-mkenums
- Modified properties now show up in italic letering instead of bold, bold
lettering is reserved for title labels in custom property editors.
- New components that now use GtkBuilder Composite Templates (and have had
a basic review and rework of their UIs): GladePreferences (Glade's preferences
dialog), GladeEditor (the property editor), GladeProjectProperties (the project
properties dialog) and custom property editors: GladeActivatableEditor,
GladeButtonEditor, GladeEntryEditor, GladeImageEditor, GladeLabelEditor, GladeWidgetEditor
- And... many various bugfixes and UI fixes by Juan Pablo and myself.
- Knowing google's evil text wrapping policy... the above list must have wrapped horribly !
but hey... what can I do ? file bugs with gmail please :)