ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.2 (snapshot)
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi linux intel com>
- To: clutter-announce clutter-project org
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.2 (snapshot)
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 14:04:06 +0100
Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter snapshot is now available at:
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter
will include a signed 1.11.2 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.11.2
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.11.2
Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
Clutter depends on:
GLib ≥ 2.31.19
JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
Cogl ≥ 1.9.6
Cairo ≥ 1.10
Pango ≥ 1.30
Atk ≥ 2.1.5
Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.
- This is an unstable snapshot of Clutter; there are no compatibility
guarantees for API added during a development cycle.
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at:
• List of changes since Clutter 1.10
- Add ClutterScrollActor
An actor that can display a portion of its children, as well as
transitioning between visible regions.
- Make clutter_actor_allocate() respect the easing state of the actor
This allows animating allocations in layout managers.
- Add automatic expansion flags for ClutterActor
Actors can be marked to by allocated extra space by their parent, or
by the layout manager used by their parent; the expansion flags are also
recursive, so they can be set on a leaf node of the actor tree, and
propagate further up automatically.
- Add ClutterTransitionGroup and ClutterKeyframeTransition
Two ClutterTransition implementation that allow creating complex
- Provide more C convenience API to ClutterTransition
Instead of dealing with ClutterInterval instances, it's possible to
define the starting and final values of a transition.
- Provide base geometric types: point, size, rectangle
Along with commodity API.
- New round of deprecations
ClutterMedia, ClutterCairoTexture, clutter_actor_animate(),
ClutterAnimation, ClutterAnimator, ClutterState, ClutterLayoutManager's
- Return a valid default PaintVolume in more cases
For actors not overriding paint() or get_paint_volume() we can already
infer enough information on the area thatis going to be painted, and return
a valid paint volume. We specifically ignore any painting going on inside
a ClutterActor::paint signal handler, as that is considered legacy and on
its way to deprecation. People overriding the paint sequence of an actor
from within a paint signal handler, and painting outside the allocation,
are evil anyway.
- Depend on Pango 1.30
- Report distance as an axis on X11 with XInput 2 support enabled
Proximity information with XInput 2+ is reported as axis data on devices
with valuator classes.
- Documentation fixes
• List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.10
#674510 - Changing a hidden child's position with new API shows the
#672994 - Orca sometimes presents previously-entered text in GNOME
Shell Alt+F2 dialog
#652521 - get_length fails in Clutter.Path when length is greater
#673644 - Scroll not working in document overview
Many thanks to:
Jasper St. Pierre, Neil Roberts, Robert Bragg, Cosimo Cecchi, Rob Bradford,
Jonh Wendell, Piotr Drąg, Rico Tzschichholz, Alejandro Piñeiro,
Carles Ferrando, Christian Kirbach, Daniel Korostil, Daniel Mustieles,
Daniel Nylander, Fran Diéguez, Ihar Hrachyshka, Jordi Serratosa,
Kenneth Nielsen, Owen W. Taylor, Peter Hutterer, Rajesh Ranjan,
Rudolfs Mazurs, Stefano Facchini, Tristan Van Berkom, Viktor Nyberg,
Yuri Myasoedov, kkrothap redhat com.
Have fun with Clutter!
Intel Open Source Technology Center
] [Thread Prev