ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.4 (snapshot)
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi linux intel com>
- To: clutter-announce clutter-project org
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.4 (snapshot)
- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:54:13 +0100
Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter snapshot is now available at:
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter
will include a signed 1.11.4 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.11.4
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.11.4
Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
Clutter depends on:
GLib ≥ 2.31.19
JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
Cogl ≥ 1.9.6
Cairo ≥ 1.10
Pango ≥ 1.30
Atk ≥ 2.1.5
Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.
- This is an unstable snapshot of Clutter; there are no compatibility
guarantees for API added during a development cycle.
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at:
• List of changes since Clutter 1.11.2
- Multi-touch support fixes
The clutter_event_copy() code was copying the wrong axis data; the correct
touch device was not used when translating axis data from XInput2 to the
ClutterInputDevice; touch events were not delivered to the correct actors.
- Add ClutterDropAction::drop-cancel signal
The ::drop-cancel does what it says on the tin: it allows handling a
cancelled drop action, instead of relying on the drag end signal on
- Add examples in the repository
Clutter has been using some interactive tests as examples of idiomatic
usage, both as standalone code and for inclusion inside the API reference
documentation; this is sub-optimal, as the interactive tests are meant to
exercise the API and its behaviour, not as an example of how to write
proper Clutter code. For this reason, we now have an examples/ directory
that contains example code that can be used to learn Clutter.
- Allow disabling the tests and examples when building Clutter
This should help cross-compilation and testing.
- Fix the preferred size to always include the actor's margin
- Fix picking of the ClutterScrollActor
- Add implicit animations for the color properties of ClutterText
Changing any color-related properties of a ClutterText actor will result
in a transition, if the easing state has a non-zero duration.
- Layout managers should respect the child expand and align properties
ClutterBinLayout, ClutterBoxLayout, and ClutterTableLayout should use the
ClutterActor [xy]-expand and [xy]-align properties, and deprecate their
- Make all layout managers respect the child easing state when allocating
ClutterLayoutManager also has properties that can be set to control all
the children's default easing state.
- Add ClutterTimeline::stopped signal
The ::stopped signal is emitted either when a Timeline reaches full
completion, including eventual repeats; or when the Timeline has been
stopped through clutter_timeline_stop(). A boolean argument passed to
the signal handlers should be used to distinguish the two cases.
- Add ClutterGridLayout
This layout manager implements the same layout policy of GtkGrid.
- Fixes for ClutterKeyframeTransition
- Documentation fixes
- Fixes for building Clutter with Visual Studio
Including the GDK backend.
- Fixes for the Mac backend
Chain up to get a Cogl context after creating a GL context; this seems
to be enough to make the interactive tests run.
• List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.11.2
#675336 - ClutterDropAction needs a ::drop-cancel signal
#675371 - Asserts when getting touch events
#676088 - Fixing picking in scroll-actor "breaks" gnome-control-center
#676032 - keyframe-transition: Documentation fixes
#676031 - keyframe-transition: Create a new interval if necessary
#676158 - table-layout: Remove unused animation helpers
#676334 - scroll-actor: Fix ->transition not being reset
#675890 - Passing NULL buffer to clutter_text_set_text() will not reset
the buffer and segfault
#676367 - actor: Add a custom scriptable "margin" property
#676068 - Setting size on ClutterFlowLayout container crashes
#676963 - text: Enable implicit color animations
#675396 - Possible bug in _clutter_paint_volume_axis_align
#674365 - Race during parallel build in tests/interactive/
#676827 - layout-manager: Add a new animation API
#677085 - examples: Allow optional animations in flow-layout
#677086 - box-layout: Remove unused BoxChild members
#677098 - Ensure we stop transitions on remove_child()
#676854 - timeline: Add a new "finished" signal
#677039 - Wrong allocation for WIDTH_FOR_HEIGHT actors
#675998 - Example 4.2 mixes up height and width
#677384 - doc: Add ClutterLayoutManagerPrivate to doc sections
#677284 - table-layout: Honor actors expand and alignment settings
#677283 - box-layout: Honor actor expand and alignment
#677372 - Add ClutterGridLayout
#677390 - events: Deliver touch events to actors
Many thanks to:
Bastian Winkler, Chun-wei Fan, Bastien Nocera, Daniel Mustieles, Fran
Diéguez, Tomeu Vizoso, Tristan Van Berkom, Alexander Larsson, Alexandre
Franke, Bruno Brouard, Debarshi Ray, Dominique Bureau, Emanuele Aina, Matej
Urbančič, Mike Ruprecht, Piotr Drąg
Have fun with Clutter!
Intel Open Source Technology Center
] [Thread Prev