ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.9.6 (snapshot)
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi linux intel com>
- To: clutter-announce clutter-project org
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.9.6 (snapshot)
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:01:43 +0000
Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter snapshot is now available at:
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter
will include a signed 1.9.6 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.9.6
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.9.6
Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
Clutter depends on:
GLib ≥ 2.31.0
JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
Cogl ≥ 1.9.4
Cairo ≥ 1.10
Pango ≥ 1.20
Atk ≥ 2.1.5
Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.
- This is an unstable snapshot of Clutter; there are no compatibility
guarantees for API added during a development cycle.
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at:
• List of changes since Clutter 1.9.4
- Deprecate clutter_actor_show_all() and clutter_actor_hide_all()
The latter never did make a lot of sense: hiding the parent will
effectively hide the children as well; the former was there only for
convenience, but Actors are visible by default.
- Gracefully handle existing code
The changes in ClutterActor introduced regressions in existing code
because of the new functionaly that was introduced to replace deprecated
classes like Box and Group. These regressions have hopefully been fixed;
Clutter 1.9.6 has been tested with a project as complex as the GNOME
- Fix build with binutils-gold
The private dependencies were not used when building Clutter, and this
made the Gold linker angry.
- Allow tracking of an actor's first and last child
ClutterActor has two new properties, :first-child and :last-child; these
are read-only properties that can be used by toolkits based on Clutter
to track the first and last child whenever they change.
- Bump the Cogl dependency
The 1.9.4 release depended on Cogl ≥ 1.9.4, but the minimum required
version was not bumped along with the changes.
• List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.9.4
#668137 - FTBFS: pangoft2 check seems to be broken
Have fun with Clutter!
Intel Open Source Technology Center
] [Thread Prev