ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.12 (snapshot)
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- To: clutter-announce clutter-project org
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org, clutter-devel-list clutter-project org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.11.12 (snapshot)
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:32:49 +0100
Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter snapshot is now available at:
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter
will include a signed 1.11.12 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.11.12
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.11.12
Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
Clutter depends on:
GLib ≥ 2.31.19
JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
Cogl ≥ 1.9.6
Cairo ≥ 1.10
Pango ≥ 1.30
Atk ≥ 2.5.3
Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.
- This is an unstable snapshot of Clutter; there are no compatibility
guarantees for API added during a development cycle.
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at:
• List of changes since Clutter 1.11.10
- ClutterBinLayout honours the fixed-position of actors
The ClutterBinLayout now checks if the :fixed-position-set property of a
ClutterActor is set, and will use the fixed position when computing the
allocation, without requiring an explicit CLUTTER_BIN_ALIGNMENT_FIXED
- Soft-deprecation of ClutterGeometry
The ClutterGeometry boxed type is a bad rectangle type, with known issues
when used for unioning and intersecting; Clutter uses the type in signals
and properties, so we cannot fully deprecate it. The documentation has
been amended, and API using ClutterGeometry has been deprecated where it
- Deprecate the ClutterActor::paint signal
The class handler for ClutterActor::paint is still available, but
connecting to the ::paint signal directly is strongly discouraged, and
will emit warnings if the CLUTTER_ENABLE_DIAGNOSTIC environment variable
is set. Notifications of a full paint for the Stage should happen only
through the repaint functions.
- Ensure we associate input devices to the stage on touch events
Like we do for crossing events for pointer devices, beginning and ending
a touch sequence should associate the input device to the stage.
- Allow constraining a DragAction to an area
Similarly to how we allow constraining the dragging to an axis, we can
also constrain the dragging to a specific area, expressed in
- Do not handle events on ClutterText if :selectable is FALSE
If the ClutterText:selectable property is FALSE we should only reposition
the cursor, and avoid the whole drag-to-select event handling.
- Add ClutterActor:child-transform
to the children of an actor, but not to the actor itself.
- Fix height-for-width policy in ClutterBinLayout
- Add ClutterZoomAction
An action that implements the pinch gesture to scale an actor up or
down through two touch points.
- Documentation fixes
- Translations update
Assamese, Indonesian, Ukranian, Traditional Chinese translation (Hong
Kong and Taiwan), Spanish, Galician, Serbian.
• List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.11.10
#681584 - clutter touch events tests slows down a lot after some use
#681074 - Call clutter_input_device_update_from_event from
#681168 - ClutterDragAction: allow constraining the movement of the
#682070 - clutter-text: Make sure to paint the background of a text actor
#682265 - ClutterBinLayout not honoring ClutterActor position set through
#679483 - ClutterBoxLayout does not do height-for-width properly
#678427 - Zoom action
#681814 - ClutterDragAction causes crashes when drag actor is destroyed
at drag-end time
Many thanks to:
Nilamdyuti Goswami, Daniel Mustieles, Fran Diéguez, Chao-Hsiung Liao,
Daniel Korostil, Dirgita, Duarte Loreto, Giovanni Campagna,
Jasper St. Pierre, Lionel Landwerlin, Sjoerd Simons, Tristan Van Berkom,
Have fun with Clutter!
] [Thread Prev