Boxes 3.5.90

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce a new (unstable) release of Boxes.

Changes since 3.5.5:

- Add search feature, both inside Boxes and in GNOME Shell.
- Selection view now looks a lot prettier (i-e like in gnome-documents) and we
  now retain the selection when switching away from selection view.
- Add an info text column under the box in collection view. Currently its used
  to indicate installation or live status of VMs.
- Asynchronously launch machines so the UI doesn't hang and user sees that
  something is actually happening.
- Make 'favorite' button in selection view, actually work.
- Express installation:
  - Use the new info text column to show the progress of the installation.
  - Don't set SPICE password. Our own created VMs are supposed to be private to
    user (at least by default) so there is no need to add password protection
    to display connection.
  - Allow password-less Fedora VM, just like Windows XP and 7.
  - Require user to input product key for Windows XP.
  - Remove work around for broken QXL drivers on Fedora 16 ISOs.
  - Use the new schemas for detecting the keyboard layout.
- 'check' commandline option:
   - Add a check for SELinux context.
   - Add check for whether we have the kvm capability on qemu:///session.
   - Prettier output.
- Add 'open-uuid' commandline option that allows to open a box by its UUID.
- Fixes to satisfy recent valac.
- Fix issue of Fedora installations looping forever.
- Fix a series of small issues in the UI.
- Added/updated translations:
  - Assamese
  - Belarusian
  - Galician
  - Hebrew
  - Hindi
  - Indonesian
  - Marathi
  - Serbian
  - Slovenian
  - Spanish
  - Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong and Taiwan)

Dependencies changed:

- uuid >= 1.41.3 (new depenency)
- libvirt-gobject >= 0.1.2
- vala >= 0.17.2

All contributors to this release:

Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
Andika Triwidada <andika gmail com>
chandankumar <chandankumar git gnome org>
Chao-Hsiung Liao <j_h_liau yahoo com tw>
Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau redhat com>
Daniel Mustieles <daniel mustieles gmail com>
Fran Diéguez <fran dieguez mabishu com>
Ihar Hrachyshka <ihar hrachyshka gmail com>
Marc-André Lureau <marcandre lureau gmail com>
Martin Srebotnjak <miles filmsi net>
Nilamdyuti Goswami <nilamdyuti gmail com>
Sandeep Sheshrao Shedmake <sshedmak redhat com>
Yaron Shahrabani <sh yaron gmail com>
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeeshanak gnome org>
Мирослав Николић <miroslavnikolic rocketmail com>
---------------------------------

What is Boxes?
============

A simple GNOME 3 application to access remote or virtual systems.

Goals
====

* View, access, and use:
 * remote machines
 * remote virtual machines
 * local virtual machines
 * When technology permits, set up access for applications on local
  virtual machines
* View, access, and use virtual machines on removable media
* View, access, and use shared connection / machines
* Share connections?
* Upload / publish virtual machines
* Select favorites
* Search for connections

Non-Goals
========

* Enterprise system management / administration
* Asset management
* Software distribution
* Automation

Use Cases
========

* Connect to a local virtual machine for testing.
* Connecting to a work machine from home.
* Connect to a work machine over a low quality cellular network.

Homage page

https://live.gnome.org/Boxes

Downloads
========