Zeitgeist 0.9 (Bluebird) released!

Hey everyone,

On behalf of the Zeitgeist team I am happy to announce the release of
Zeitgeist 0.9 (codename Bluebird). After 3 alpha and 1 beta releases,
this is the first stable release of the new Vala version of Zeitgeist.

What is Zeitgeist?
---------------------------------------

Zeitgeist is a service which logs the users' activities (file usage,
website visits, conversations, etc) and makes this information readily
available for other applications to use. It is also able to establish
relationships between items based on similarity and usage patterns.

Website: http://zeitgeist-project.com/
Launchpad Project (with bug tracker): https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist
Wiki: http://wiki.zeitgeist-project.com/, (http://live.gnome.org/Zeitgeist)

Code:
 - https://code.launchpad.net/zeitgeist
 - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/zeitgeist/zeitgeist/ (mirror)

See also:

* Sub-projects of Zeitgeist:
 - Extensions for Zeitgeist - https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist-extensions
 - Data-sources for Zeitgeist - https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist-datasources
 - Datahub for Zeitgeist - https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist-datahub

* Dedicated Graphical User Interfaces:
 - GNOME Activity Journal - https://launchpad.net/gnome-activity-journal
 - Activity Log Manager - https://launchpad.net/activity-log-manager
 - Other users: Synapse, Unity, etc.

Where can you get it?
---------------------------------------

https://launchpad.net/zeitgeist/0.9/0.9.0/+download/zeitgeist-0.9.0.tar.bz2

What has changed?
---------------------------------------

Since Bluebird Beta 1:

Engine:
 - Updated the list of recognized MIME-types.
 - Set a size limit (4MiB) on the results returned by individual FindEvents and
   GetEvents calls. Too big queries will result in an exception.
 - Improved handling of FTS not being present (Beta 1 would leak memory).
 - Enhanced database corruption detection and recovery.
 - DataSourceRegistry: don't ignore bus addresses that registered more than
   one data-source if one of them is disabled.

FTS:
 - Added a build-time option to disable FTS.
 - The index is now automatically re-build if it gets corrupted.
 - The index is now automatically re-build if the Zeitgeist DB is re-created.
 - Split the reindex query into several smaller ones, for enhanced performance.
 - Quit when Zeitgeist leaves the bus.
 - Ignore events from Ubuntu One.

Python API:
 - Updated the list of recognized MIME-types.

Thanks

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this release, especially Michal
Hruby, Seif Lotfy, Manish Sinha, Mikkel Kamstrup, Trever Fischer,
Stefano Candori, Moritz Neeb, as well as everyone else who tested
Zeitgeist, provided bug reports or contributed in any other way.

I'd also like to thank Collabora and Canonical as well as the GNOME
Foundation for sponsoring the project.

Regards,

Free Software Developer