ANNOUNCE: Cheese 3.3.2 released
- From: David King <amigadave amigadave com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: cheese-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Cheese 3.3.2 released
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:13:11 +0100
Huge changes to the API reference documentation, and new hotplug
support, as well as many other updates.
what is it?
Take photos and videos with your webcam, with fun graphical effects
what's changed in 3.3.2?
- Pre-release version bump to 3.3.2
- Remove marshaller generation rules
The generic marshallers, supplied by GLib, are used instead.
- Make preferences dialog more netbook-friendly
Fixes bug 663146.
- Convert deprecated GtkVBox and GtkHBox to GtkBox
Fixes bug 661661.
- Add chapter IDs to documentation
- Add Cheese architecture diagram to documentation
Fixes bug 664333.
- Set camerabin to playing before start-capture
Fixes bug 663998, with the camerabin documentation being updated in bug
- Use private GObject pointer in Widget and Chooser
Additionally, remove some dead code.
- Add gtk-doc comments to UmCropArea
Currently, UmCropArea is internal (and will likely stay that way), so
the comments are not included in the generated documentation.
- Use switch statement to select cases
- Use better API to notify and install properties
Changed g_object_notify_by_pspec() to g_object_notify() and
g_object_class_install_properties(). Added properties static array to
hold properties. Added enum constants identifying properties and
sentinels for array length definitions. Fixes bug 663098.
- Improve CheeseAvatarChooser documentation
Add documentation for private methods in CheeseAvatarChooser.
- Improve CheeseEffect documentation
Document the private methods in CheeseEffect. Simplify effect
construction, by making the name and pipeline-desc properties
construct-only. Improve some variables names.
- Improve CheeseFileUtil filename handling
Use GDateTime to format the time string. Use switch statements when
selecting cases from an enum. Use g_build_filename() rather than
- Improve CheeseCamera documentation
Document most of the private methods in CheeseCamera, and rename the
device-name property to device-node.
- Improve CheeseCameraDevice documentation
Document most of the private methods in CheeseCameraDevice, and rename
some variables to more closely match the property names.
- Improve CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor documentation
- Make CheeseFlash a GtkWindow rather than a GObject
Additionally, add further gtk-doc-like comments to the flash
- Comment Vala methods with Valadoc markup
Add basic documentation to all methods in Vala sources.
- Add hotplug support to preferences dialog
Adding and removing camera devices in the CheeseCamera is now propagated
to the preferences dialog UI. Partially fixes bug 603612.
- Correct default brightness in the schema to zero
- Improve GSettings schema text and include ranges
- Also use the countdown duration for burst mode
- Add a countdown-duration key to GSettings schema
Add a new GSettings key to allow configuration of the duration of the
countdown when taking a photo. Partially fixes bug 594267.
- Bump required Vala version to 0.13.2
Required for Clutter.TableLayout in clutter-1.0.vapi, which was added
when Vala switched to use GIR files.
- Use STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIORITY_USER
- Use Vala ‘as’ operator where possible
Use the as operator when fetching widgets from GtkBuilder files, to do a
- Include the version in the man page
- Add generated man page to CLEANFILES
- Fix a typo so that the man page is generated
- Fix gtk-doc checks when srcdir != builddir
- Add man page, generated with xsltproc
- Add help button to the preferences dialog
- Improve documentation to pass gtk-doc tests
Add the deprecated API index to the documentation. Complete the rename
of cheese_camera_set_device_by_dev_file() to
cheese_camera_set_device_by_device_node(). Add missing documentation to
reach 100% symbol coverage.
- Enable gtk-doc tests during make check
- Check for GStreamer plugins required at runtime
Add a GStreamer plugin check to configure.ac, which checks for
individual plugins with gst-inspect, rather than relying on the plugins
being provided by checking for GStreamer pkg-config files. The check is
non-fatal, as the plugins are not build-time dependencies.
- Bump pkg-config requirement to 0.24
Version 0.24 or greater of pkg-config is required in order to avoid the
duplicate AC_SUBST macro calls for PKG_CHECK_MODULES substitutions.
- Remove unused FULL_LIBEXECDIR from configure.ac
- Add private pointers to libcheese GObject structs
Speed up access to the private struct of the GObject by adding a
pointer, so that *_GET_PRIVATE does not have to called each time. Create
a typedef for the private structures in the headers, and hide the
structs from the documentation by placing them inside a private
- Add basic documentation for remaining public API
Add cheese-widget-private.h back to files ignored by gtk-doc. Add basic
documentation for the remainder of the public API. Use UUID instead of
ID or UDI. Add blurb and nick to all documented properties. Add
CheeseVideoFormat documentation. Use unsigned integers where the values
are always positive. Sprinkle some const qualifiers. Add some filename
GObject Introspection annotations.
- Update TODO
- Fix several compiler warnings
Add some missing prototypes, correct some pointer type mismatches, return
a value from functions that returns values and improve GError handling.
- Use gnome-common compiler warnings
Additionally, enable silent Automake rules by default so that warnings are
- Add more classes to gtk-doc documentation
Add basic documentation for CheeseCamera, CheeseFileUtil and CheeseFlash
classes. Split the API reference into libcheese and libcheese-gtk
- Add CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor::removed callback
Added CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor::removed signal callback function in
CheeseCamera. Fixes bug 662852.
- Improved CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor::added signal
CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor:added has now a CheeseCameraDevice argument.
CheeseCameraDeviceMonitor is also now a member of CheeseCamera.
- Add a long description to the DOAP file
- help: fixed another typo
- help: moving introduction page back to .page
- help: fixed typo in Makefile.am
- help: updated Makefile.am
- Overhaul the libcheese documentation
Add documentation for CheeseCameraDevice. Remove bogus XML included in
the library overview. Add section documentation to all classes, and mark
them as unstable. Add GObject and GObjectClass struct documentation.
- help: renamed pages and rearranged sections
Moved all pages, except introduction.page, into sections to make index
- Use license-type in the about dialog
- Connect thumbnail nav button signals
The thumb nav widget crashed when clicking the buttons to scroll the
thumbnail view. This was caused by connecting to the wrong signals:
‘button-pressed-event’ and ‘button-released-event’, rather than
‘pressed’ and ‘released’. There was also some duplicate code for
creating the left button, which led to a GtkButton being leaked when
the thumb nav was created. Fixes bug 660686.
- Remove obsolete MAINTAINERS file
- Remove obsolote cicl script
- Increase the photo count in burst mode to 100000
Fixes bug 659977
- Use an idle handler to generate thumbnails
A thread was used for generating thumbnails for CheeseThumbView, but
this had problems with concurrent access to the GtkListStore which
backs the thumb view, as in bug 648936. A simpler approach is to use an
idle handler, which avoids the need for acquiring the GDK lock.
- Restore gudev checks during configure
- Added/Updated Translations
- be, courtesy of Yuri Matsuk
- de, courtesy of Mario Blättermann
- es, courtesy of Daniel Mustieles
- et, courtesy of Mattias Põldaru
- gl, courtesy of Fran Dieguez
- he, courtesy of Yaron Shahrabani
- lt, courtesy of Aurimas Černius
- nb, courtesy of Kjartan Maraas
- sv, courtesy of Daniel Nylander
- tr, courtesy of Muhammet Kara
- xh, courtesy of Andiswa Mvanyashe
- Added/Updated Documentation
- es, courtesy of Daniel Mustieles
where can i get it?
you can get it by pressing here!
what does it look like?
take a look here!
where can i find out more?
you can visit the project web site:
] [Thread Prev